The very BEST way to serve others is to serve ourselves first. Truly. Self-care is not selfish.I don’t look at it as a luxury, but as a necessity in my mental health. Making time for self-care every day has shown me that I can have peace of mind & calmness of heart, while still surrounded by my chaotic life. If everyone would take even ten-minutes to do something to serve themselves every day, imagine the possibilities! Here are 25 easy self-care practices:
1. Before getting out of bed, take a deep breath in and hold it for a moment. Then visualize the face of someone you love. Send them a mental note of gratitude.
2. Try oil pulling for 5-10 minutes.
3. Meditate once a day for 10-15 minutes.
4. Dry brush before taking a shower.
5. Read a book that fills you up.
6. Have a conversation with an old friend.
7. Give your child, a friend, or your spouse a six second hug.
8. Inhale deeply the moment you step outside your home. Intentionally feel the morning air instead of rushing through it.
9. Create a touch point in your home or at work. A place where whenever you touch it you remind yourself to live in the moment. (Think: the doorknob to your bedroom, the threshold of your front door.)
10. Take two minutes to reminisce, either with your kids or on your own, about a fond memory.
11. Write in a gratitude journal.
12. Start a daily gratitude practice with your family by sharing at the dinner table one thing you appreciate & brings you joy.
13. Take an epsom salt bath.
14. Put on a face mask. Wash your face deliberately instead of rushing through your night time routine.
15. Let someone else brush your hair.
16. Buy a houseplant. Seeing green inside your space every day is surprisingly revitalizing.
17. Say a prayer.
18. Some form of exercise for 15-30 minutes daily.
19. Walk outside onto the grass barefoot. (earthing)
20. Unplug from social media for as long as you need.
21. Hold a warm mug with both hands.
22. Rub an essential oil, like peppermint, behind your neck, and on the bottoms of your feet for an uplifting aroma.
23. Treat yourself with a recipe you’ve been dying to try.
24. Do something you rarely do, but that you love doing.
25. Write yourself a love letter.
To stay updated please subscribe and we will reach out soon. Thanks for your support.